Friday, August 28, 2009

Blogs for a Cause

As I work to get my blog up and running I have asked "Blogs For A Cause" to decorate my blog! Blogs For A Cause was founded by a young woman by the name of Nikki Cochrane who has successfully raised thousands of dollars for charities around the world, and has been able to travel to the Dominican Republic (twice), Haiti, and Ethiopia to do humanitarian work!
She is currently planning to move to the Dominican Republic in May 2010 and is working on raising funds to support herself while there. Nikki states, "I want to devote all of my time to working with the kids and families; teaching English and helping in orphanages, working in the Boys and Girls Club, doing construction projects, private tutoring, feeding programs, etc."
This young woman is doing amazing things, so please check out her "Blogs For A Cause" blog and her Dominican Blog to see the work she is doing and to see if there is a way that you can support her efforts. We all can do a little, but together GREAT things can happen!!

No comments:

Post a Comment